Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'll Stand With the Emo Kids.

I'm supposed to be in bed right now, but I was looking at this "emo" stuff. It really like American Visual Kei only not as artsy and WAY depressed. But, there are so many haters of this genre/style. There are people beating up emo kids on the street and stuff. One girl's boyfriend got stabbed and died because someone thought he was emo. (T_T) There's even a movement ("Emocide") to kill the emos!

I think it's all really terrible. If Shou and/or Miyavi were walking though the street they would be risking their lives. For real~ It's scary! NOT the emos, the people who hate them. I don't see emos as people who are going to go out killing other people. They're more of the "sit at home, wallow in depression" type, I think. I don't know why people hate them so much and want to kill them! It's really terrible.

These "haters" are all pissed off because emos are "depressing". Well, telling them to "go fuck off and fucking die" isn't helping! In fact, you're probably exacerbating the problem! These "emos" act this way because they are outcasts of society who people hate. They feel like no one understands them. They may not feel the need to do this anymore if people were actually nice to them. {They could just change how they dress, sure, but they shouldn't have to!!!}

When push comes to shove, I think I'll stand with the emos before I stand with the haters. Emo is like the new "Negro before the Civil War". It's really a form of racism.

People keep saying this problem can be fixed by "killing every emo in the world" or "complaining about it 'till they fucking go away", but I don't think that's true. I think it will only go away (or die down) when people accept them for who/what they are and be friendly to them. It seems like all emos want are some friends, attention, and acceptance. There's nothing to be afraid of here.

The local media is not helping either. In all the news clips I've seen, they keep using emo parody type stuff. I mean, if you're doing a news report, you have to use clips of actual emo people!!! You can't use clips from haters! That's just screwed up. (<_<)>Everyone knows that the media is used to instill fear in people and that's what they're doing (although they say not to be afraid). By showing these clips, they are condoning the behavior of the haters and possibly making it worse.

This is my opinion. I don't personally know any emo people. I just got upset because they remind me of Visual Kei artists [that I love], which made be very upset. I keep thinking that if [VK artists] came here that they would be treated terribly like this. Many people do hate VK, but I don't think it's this bad. *shakes head*

Here's a news clip:



and one angry rant:



^This about sums up how many of the haters think.^

All the energy that people are putting into worrying about emo kids, they could be protesting war or some other important cause.

~ZB24~

No comments: