Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Wallpaper: イレイザー + 虹彩 = 光



You may download the full size wallpaper here: click.
Credits: ZB24, rainbowbetty@LJ, Akatsuki Translations, alice nine.

In addition to posting the wallpaper, I would like to give you an explanation of the meaning it has [to me].

In making this, I used elements from two of alice nine's songs: Eraser and Kousai (Iris of the Eye). The music video for Eraser is very white and pure. The clothes in this picture are the same ones used in the music video. I was originally going to use lyrics from Eraser, but I didn't feel that they would fit here. I used the lyrics from Kousai because they quickly covey emotion of a powerful love. I think Kousai is a song that can be used in place of Eraser in the music video. Both songs have a similar feeling of serenity and hope [to me].

The original picture was quite harsh, but by adding a glow effect it came out somewhat angelic and soft, which is what I was looking for. The text and dividing bar are not jet black, but more of a grey which is lass harsh.

The effect I am going for is peaceful, beautiful, "glowing white light".

Hence the wallpaper title: イレイザー + 虹彩 = 光 > Eraser + Kousai = Hikari > Eraser + Iris of the Eye = Light.

I hope this small little wallpaper can convey that much. The feeling of light. It might seem stupid or overzealous to put all of this meaning into a wallpaper, but it's what I felt like doing.

~ZB24~

No comments: